Monday 11 July 2011

MoaM: What to expect from this guy...

"Ego "Mark" is not a dirty word." - Graeme Strachan, Skyhooks (revised by Diaz)

I mark for this man, and I'm proud of it. Source: willywrestling.fr

So many wrestling fans these days hate being called 'marks'. I like to embrace it. I'm a mark for Eddie Kingston and his sweet ass suplexes. I went crazy any time Al Snow stepped out onto the stage on Smackdown, dressed in a ridiculous costume from Europe, during his stint as European champion. I used to love the New Age Outlaws strutting down to the ring as Road Dogg sung over the top of his music, trashing whom ever they were facing that night. Come on, who among us doesn't go a little mental when their favourite legend comes back for a huge suprise appearence? I'm not just a wrestling mark. I'm a huge mark for Liverpool FC and the Socceroos (two teams that play the true football, despite what most of the readers will think). I've seen Muse live six times, and I scream like a little school girl every time they step on the stage.

I think it's time we washed the stench from the word 'mark', and I'm making that my aim for this blog. I want casual fans to embrace those moments where they are taken back to their childhood, being able to jump up and down in their living rooms without shame. Be prepared for me to see the positive side of our little corner of pop culture, and bring up some of my favourite memories and wrestlers from my lifetime (and also, plugging awesome bands and sports team!)

No comments:

Post a Comment