Monday 11 July 2011

The debut of Diaz!

Well, here I am!

* pauses for applause *

Okay... I didn't expect any applause. I'm honestly hoping that the people that are starting to read this, kind of have no idea who I am. I'm Cameron Diaz, the basically invisible, very quiet wrestling fan, known for pandering to wrestling bloggers and wrestlers in general, on my twitter. Honestly, I think that is a bad stigma, especially if I'm the only one noticing it.

About a year ago, I tried to build up the inspiration to start writing my own blog, being spurned on by the inspiring writing of TH, writer of The Wrestling Blog. I felt at the time, that I had some thoughts that I needed to get off my chest, but never really could build the motivation to do it. 12 months passed, and I began to realise that I had become the same old internet wrestling fan, who complained about everything, and gave nothing back. "Super Cena is killing the WWE...","TNA are just straight up shit!" Blah, blah, blah. The 100% negativity angle from every wrestling fan does nothing. It's not helpful, it's not productive, and it's boring as hell. I was another Lemming, and I took something I loved, for granted.

My first ever wrestling event. Source: Herald Sun

Flash forward to this point in time, and I don't want to be that miserable mark any more. I want to go back to being that ten year old kid, that would go crazy when Triple H's 'My Time' would hit the speakers. I don't want to be the smug guy who cried that *insert internet's favourite wrestler* was getting held down by management, but go back to being the twelve year old kid who lost his mind sitting in the nose bleeds at WWE Global Warning (2002 show in Melbourne, first one since 1984) just because he got a chance to see some of his heroes. I want to be a contributing member of the wrestling community, and I think this blog is a great start.

"Musings of a Mark" is going to hopefully be yet another catalyst in the "We Want Wrestling" movement, and yet another stepping stone for the destruction of copy & paste sites, and I hope you join me all for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment